The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. by Mark Twain
Steps for Online Material Renewal
- Click on Online Catalog tab
- Click on Account Login
- In the Username box put in your 14 digit barcode ex: 27052000******
- Put in preset password: library
- Patron Menu
- My Account
- If you change your password remember to hit submit before moving on
We have some exciting new changes in the library. We have a new laptop bar at the front of our building. It is equipped with electrical outlets and internet plug ins for those whose laptops can’t access our wifi (we do not provide the cords). The couch and coffee table has been moved over near the paperback book section. We are moving around books and within the next few months will be rearranging the book sections so watch for your favorite books to move.
We received a new shipment of rotating books to refresh the choices. For those who don’t know about our rotating books, we receive 4 times a year a shipment of 400 books from our friends at the South Central Kansas Library System in South Hutchinson. These items are a selection of young adult, junior fiction, children’s, adult fiction, adult and children nonfiction, large print, and even a few audio books. At the end of their time with us they get boxed up and shipped back as the new shipment arrives to take their place.
Coming up at Your Library...
Crafting for Christmas
September 7, 14, 21 and 28 from 4:15 pm - 5:30 pm at the library. Reserve your spot today by e-mailing Librarian Kendra Mork or calling the library at 794-8771. Each class costs $1.00.
- Sunday, September 7: Cross stitch (supplies included)
- Sunday, September 14: Scarves (must bring your own yarn and knitting needles)
- Sunday, September 21: Knitting Loom (rental loom included / must bring your own yarn)
- Sunday, September 28: Paper Fun (supplies included)
- Tuesday the 2nd – Storytime in the evening 6 PM
- Wednesday the 3rd – High School Night 7-9 PM
- Thursday the 4th – Preschool Storytime 10:30 AM
- Sunday the 7th – Crafting for Christmas “Cross Stitch Ornaments” 4:15 – 5:30 PM
- Tuesday the 9th – Storytime in the evening 6 PM
- Wednesday the 10th – High School Night 7-9 PM
- Thursday the 11th – Preschool Storytime 10:30 AM
- Sunday the 14th – Crafting for Christmas “Hand-knitted Scarf” 4:15 – 5:30 PM
- Tuesday the 16th – Storytime in the evening 6 PM
- Wednesday the 17th – High School Night 7-9 PM
- Thursday the 18th – Preschool Storytime 10:30 AM
- Sunday the 21st – Crafting for Christmas “Loom-knitted Hat” 4:15 – 5:30 PM
- Tuesday the 23rd – Storytime in the evening 6 PM
- Wednesday the 24th – High School Night 7-9 PM
- Thursday the 25th – Preschool Storytime 10:30 AM
- Sunday the 28th – Crafting for Christmas “Paper Crafts” 4:15 – 5:30 PM
- Tuesday the 30th – Storytime in the evening 6 PM
Big Read Wichita
The Maltese Falcon - October 1 - November 15, 2014
The Big Read returns to south-central Kansas in 2014 with book discussions and special events in celebration of "The Maltese Falcon" by Dashiell Hammett.
These are just a few of our new titles. Come in and check out the rest.
Top Secret by W.E.B. Griffin
Love Letters by Debbie Macomber
Private Down Under by James Patterson
Heroes are My Weakness by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
The Revenge of Seven by Pittacus Lore
The Boundless by Kenneth Oppel
Other Bound by Corianne Duyvis
The Here and Now by Ann Brashares
Dork Diaries: Tales from a Not-so-glam TV Star by
Rachel Renee Russell
The Hero’s Guide to Being an Outlaw by Christopher Healy
Creature of Moonlight by Rebecca Hahn
Jessie Elliot is a Big Chicken by Elise Gravel
Cinderella Stories from Around the World by Cari
Fancy Nancy: Sand Castles and Sand Palaces by Jane O’Connor
Fun Things to do with Egg Cartons by Kara Laughlin
About Your Library
The Goddard Public Library has a collection of 24,561 materials. The rotating collection contains approximately 400 volumes. Also available are reference materials, periodicals, videos and audio books.
Magazines: The library maintains subscriptions to over 45
Newspapers: The Wichita Eagle and the Times Sentinel are available.
Reference: Librarians are always on duty to assist with reference materials and to help locate the answers to your questions. Some encyclopedias may be checked out.
Kansas Collection: Books about the nature and people of Kansas, as well as books by Kansas authors are available. The reference materials include the Kansas Statutes Annotated.
Large Print Books: A growing selection of large print books is available.
Videos: Our video collection has DVD and VHS selections. The collection includes family and children's videos, as well as useful "how by to" videos.
Audio Books: Books on Tape and Audio CD include romance, comedy, and mystery. We have them in Adult and Juvenile levels.
The Goddard Public Library Board meets on the second Monday of each month at 7p.m.